Thursday, November 14, 2013

The writing blehhhh

It's been a busy, busy, week. And I am so tired. Even with coffee and two cups of tea in my system, I feel so blehhhhhh, which translates into my writing (even this post is blehhh (sorry!)). I tried to compensate my low enerygy levels with food to fuel me, but it had the opposite effect. I can feel my lunch in my stomach and its tossing and turning, and just not being normal. Now, I'm swaying in my chair (as I count the minutes until I am off of work so I can sleep, oh but I shouldn't sleep since I haven't been too good at fitting workouts in this week so internally I debate if I should push myself to do it or just knock out).

So then I surf tumblr for some inspiration and I come across this pep talk of Neil Gaiman's that he posted. It discusses the need to keep going in your draft because there's always some point you hit that you're just so exhaustied, yet the only thing you can do is keep going, word after word.

But I haven't written in the past two days so I try to get back into it for fear of falling behind and take Gaiman's advice, but I'm just so blehhh. And my writing comes out blehhh and ewwww. Then the weather today is just so blehhh, ewww, and grey.

What a day!

Now, I should get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment