Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Nue

Yesterday I mentioned trying a neat little restaurant called Nue. Before taking my sister to the airport we spent the morning in Seattle and wanted to get some lunch. I wanted to take her somewhere memorable, something new, something she hadn't tried before. On my search in yelp I stumbled upon the gem with 4.5 star rating. Whoa. Must be good from all of the photos and wonderful comments! And it certainly was.

Nue has this really cool around the world eclectic vibe with an open kitchen and communal style tables. Inspired by food all around the world, the wonderful concoctions coming from the kitchen was not to be missed. The experience was even more grand with the personable personalities of the owners who made us feel comfortable and made sure we were taken care of.

Here's a glimpse of the menu:


To drink, I got a McNguyen, which is a Vietnamese coffee cocktail, something I thought was pretty creative and tasted amazing.


The first dish we tried was the Trinidad Goat Curry. It was seriously the most delicious thing I ever put into my mouth. The balance of the curry, and texture of the cornbread was perfect and a must try.


Israeli Sabich was the next little gem we tried. I'd never had a seared eggplant before. Add that on a pita bread, and this is something I could see myself eating for lunch everyday, if only I worked/lived close to Nue.


I had the balut all to myself. Duck eggs is something I grew up with, a dish my mother always made me. I'm lacking major skills in replicating my mother's dishes, so this was really great to have as it reminded me of my mom and my roots.


The Golden Crispy Noodles were definitely spicier than I expected them to be, but I really like the kick to it and the neat texture. This was a fun one to eat. It was kind of like having a firecracker of flavors in your mouth.


As always, I like to end sweet. The liquid nitrogen ice cream was the best way to end it. If you haven't had it before, it's very creamy without the added cream! Topped with corn and a dusting of herbs, it was more than just an ordinary scoop of the ice cream. Try it, and you'll know what I'm talking about.


Nue is certainly a place that I would revisit. I left there with a happy belly, and a desire to travel to taste all of the world's wonders.

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! I wonder if there is anything I could eat there, I'll have to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Everything looks AMAZING. Tell me again, why did I leave the west coast??

    ReplyDelete