Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Lately...

I've been in a funk lately since my grandmother passed. I guess this period is grieving, but I've felt a pressing darkness upon my chest. A deep sadness that comes and goes in the most random moments. 
 
 
After a talk with my sister, I realized I need to pull myself out of the fog. Remind myself that I am, in fact, alive, and should act so. I am very fortunate to have the life I have, and I shouldn't take it for granted. The days leading up to my grandmother's death, I was really happy, and should aim to get back to that state as long as I honor her memory. Just scrolling through photos on my phone is a reminder of what life has to offer.
 

 
Like adorable Blaire and memories like painting with my sister.
 
 
Gorgeous summer sunsets.
 

 
 
Beautiful memories at the lavender farm, and making ordinary days extraordinary with some wine and a charcuterie/cheese plate.
 

 
And of course, love, and special moments like birthdays! Michael turned the big 28 last week!
 
 
Life is beautiful. This past week I've learned it's okay to be sad, but I should also continue to live instead of hiding or idling away.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos. . .but then you often show those. Proof that you know how to live ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great advice from your sister! :) And you have so many good pictures to choose from, too. We should probably all do this more often. It's too easy to get down for too long about things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, we must continue to live life. You make all these great memories with your partner and your family! Always going on trips and enjoying yummy food and loving your family--things your grandma in Spirit wants you to keep experiencing. After all, when you see someone you love cry it makes you cry. You must smile for your grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your kind words. Cheers to livin'!

    ReplyDelete