Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas 2015: Going home, coming back, and 'The Nutcraker'

Christmas is over! Still a bit hard to believe with the last couple of days being a whirlwind! I'm still coming down from my my ballet high. This year Michael got us tickets to 'The Nutcracker' for one of my Christmas gifts.




'The Nutcracker' was so much fun. The hall was decked out in Christmas decor and all the kids were so excited. The ballet itself was very festive and beautiful. It was my first time seeing 'The Nutcracker' and I loved every minute of it.

Before the ballet, Michael and I went to Petit Toulouse. They're rated top ten in best happy hours in the nation (according to their disclaimer on their menu)! The HH menu is pretty awesome though! Every single bite was delicious and none of the food went to waste.




Oh gosh. This white chocolate bread pudding was amazing. I am currently ranking it two in best desserts in Seattle, with the first being the maple bread pudding at Walrus & Carpenter.


Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we spent with Michael's family. As usual it was a blast with thoughtful gifts, great food, and great company.




Every year, I do miss my family. It's been three years since I spent a Christmas with them. Luckily, this year I flew down the weekend prior to Christmas to see them, also hoping to catch the birthing of my first little niece, Jasalyn. Of course, she was past due and didn't want to see me! But as I write this blog post, my sister is currently in labor, so I'm thinking good thoughts for her and her baby. By tomorrow morning Jasalyn will be sleeping in this little basinet Michael and I gifted to her.



I do have to admit, kids have grown on me! For awhile I thought I could do with or without them, but I am leaning toward them in the future now (like way wayyyyy in the future :P).


Now I can't wait to meet my niece next year!

How was your Christmas? Comment below :)

4 comments:

  1. Awww, new niece! My cousin's wife had their third daughter in November and I've only seen the baby once so far. Looking forward to seeing her on New Year's! I think I saw The Nutcracker once, maybe? If I did, I was small and don't remember it. I remember seeing the Radio City Holiday show once, though. We did our usual Christmas thing, which is to see my dad's side of the family at my uncle's house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I love traditions, don't you? Aaahhhh you must be so excited to meet her!!!

      Delete
  2. I love the Nutcracker. I would be interested in seeing how other companies do it. My parents came up my way for Christmas for the first time! It was really nice. :) Merry Christmas! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you got to see your parents! I love The Nutcracker, too. It's so much fun!

      Delete