Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Hello, December :)

I'm baaaaaaaack from California!

The first thing I notice when I land in Washington? It's so cold. Like bbbbbbrrrrrrrrr I can't feel my feet cold. Winter is definitely knocking.

So, I had hoped to inundate you with a million bajillion photos of my awesome family and my time spent with them, but I regretfully have none to show :( I know. I'm losing my blogging touch. I really, really, need to take more photos of my trips back home. The thing is, when I'm back home, I like to disappear into the moment. I unplug from the computer, I hang out with my family (even if we aren't even doing anything), and all my worries and stresses float away.

But my blog holds so many memories. I love flipping through the archives and reliving the moments so I'm disappointed to know that this awesome week won't be recorded (well, with pictures anyway). I guess the next best thing I can do is write a list of what happened on my trip.

<3 delicious home cooked meals (especially my mom's spicy crab dish)
<3 wedding dress shopping in San Jose (I didn't find 'the one' but it was a cool experience)
<3 quality time with the family through food excursions and fun activities
<3 wine tasting in Napa
<3 shopping with my sisters (aka the only time I really like to shop)
<3 watching the last HUNGER GAMES (my heart still aches)
<3 feeling my niece kick in my sister's stomach
<3 helping my cousin with his reading skills
<3 finally having time to read (I read two craft books and finally finished Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. Now onto Six of Crows)

I'm heading back down to California later this month, so maybe this time I can make up for my lack of photos :)

How was your Thanksgiving? Comment below!

10 comments:

  1. Lists are great. ^_^

    Unplugging around family is the best! My aunt snapped a quick picture of a few people before we left. We get so wrapped up in conversation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, right? Great convos really pass the time too quickly.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving. My cousin the foodie made the turkey and my other cousin was up with his son from Tennessee, so we got to spend time with them. Plus. I finally met my new baby niece (aka cousin's daughter).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe!!! Can't wait to see my niece! looks like you had an awesome Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had a fantastic Thanksgiving! Don't be too hard on yourself – it can be rough to take pictures and enjoy family during the holidays. Memories are more meaningful than pictures anyway (even if pictures are fun to look at!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy! You're right. It's all about the memories :)

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you had a great time! And no worries about the photos - it's better to live the moment to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. You're so right! I need to keep that in mind!

      Delete
  5. awe :) family time is amazing!
    California is beautiful! Don't want to move elsewhere lol. Southern Cali has the perfect weather. Though I've been extra cold lately. I get cold easily though :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, socal does have the perfect weather. I'm so jealous!

      Delete