Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Valentine's in Vancouver

Did you guys have a good Valentine's? I hope so! For Michael and I, we kept it low key. We had one-hour massages that just felt oh so heavenly and a home cooked meal. I was in charge of cooking for the night so I made lobster and veggies and bought salumi and olives for the apps. This was the first time I had ever made lobster, and boy did it turn out yummy!


For the three day weekend, Michael took me to Vancouver, Canada (I'm a lucky gal!). I had never been to Canada and didn't know really know what to expect. He got us a room at the Opus Hotel. If you ever go to Vancouver, you should stay there. It's so trendy and cute, your greeted with a glass of sparkling wine, and the rooms are so retro and comfortable. Did I also mention they have deep bath tubs? Best baths ever!
 



Did I ever tell you that Michael is a huge fan of Anthony Bourdain? Well that's how he found out about the hotel and that's also how he found out about JAPADOG! So shortly after checking in Staurday afternoon, we ventured out into the drizzly rain to JAPADOG, a hot dog joint styled around japanese flavors. It was neat to try and their shaken fries were great. Then for Happy Hour we went to The Flying Pig for some drinks and fritters (As you can tell, this was a foodie weekend!).



Lately, I've been obsessed with Ramen. I mean, it's just so good! The broth, the noodles, need I say more? So we went to the best ramen house for dinner, Ramen Santouka. It was so good, Michael and I ate their everyday of our trip (yep, that's three times in three days ladies and gents) and each time we went there was always a line out the door! This is a must-go. I repeat, MUST-GO!


To end the night we had some drinks and of course some dessert!


On Sunday we went to Granville island to check out the public market. It was similiar to Pike Place in Seattle, but way cleaner and better organized. We checked out all the neat shops and strolled around then enjoyed some tea and macaroons and even fish and chips!






For dinner that night we went to Miku, a japanese restuarant that specializes in seared fish along the waterfront. The food was delicious! It differed from traditional sushi which made it a great experience to try. And again, let me just say the dessert was amazing!




On Monday our last day, we took it easy and went to the Planetarium then had ramen for lunch before heading back to Seattle.

All in all, another great trip and one for the books. This year is starting off right with so many trips and new experiences. Next stop? Palm Dessert!

2 comments:

  1. Looked like so much fun and so much good food! :-) Vancouver is a beautiful place, I am glad you got to experience it! Next stop Palm Desert, then Whistler! Whoohoo!

    ReplyDelete