Monday, February 3, 2014

Let it snow!

Just about two months ago I saw snow, now on the east coast I get to see it again! As I write this, I'm sitting in a booth at the hotel restaurant beside the window watching it fall down with dinner and pinot noir.

Here are some photos I took earlier today:




After my first official day of my business trip, I realized it wasn't how I expected it to be. For one, I'm the only one from the west coast; second, I'm the only one staying at the hotel; and third, I'm the youngest person at the conference. 

It's kind of a bummer because it all just feels like I'm at a rehab facility. I can't really go anywhere since I'm in the middle of suburbia. So I'll be spending five days in the same place. I'm in class all day listening to lectures. Then of course, there's the three meals a day, the feeling of complete loneliness as I share my breakfast and dinner meals completely alone, and then just staying in my room for the rest of the day.

I'm going slightly crazy by myself that I can't imagine what it feels like for other people who travel often for work with even longer durations. It kind of makes me glad that I don't travel for work. Perhaps it would be different if I were in a big city instead of just another suburban town, but who knows. Not much time for play when most of the day is work!

No comments:

Post a Comment