Tuesday, April 1, 2014

the added scene

I split my revisions into three parts (chunks), the standard beginning, middle, and end. During my read-through the transition from the beginning to the middle felt awkward. I knew I would have to add a scene there to depict a turning point. I tried tackling it yesterday, but couldn't get out what I wanted to convey without making my MC sound overly dramatic. Needless to say, I didn't get much done yesterday.

Fast forward to now, as I write this: I finished it. It took me a long while considering its short length, but I am over the moon with it! Revisions are rough, but when you're able to find a gem like a successful scene that really ties up the story, it makes it all worth it. Now going into the middle chunk of revisions. Hopefully I can dig up some more gems :)

Keep on writing everyone, keep at your dreams, because the process is so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment