Thursday, January 8, 2015

Golden Gate, Hiking, & Clean Slate

The first day of the New Year was spent in SF walking along the Golden Gate Bridge. There was a slight chill, but it was full of sunshine. Sunshine is something that I have come to miss living in Seattle. Anytime there's sunshine, I try and take full advantage of it.


Up and moving straight out of college is no easy feat. Starting over, entering the workforce, finding friends, falling in love all over again, it sounds easy, but it's so hard. Building up a support system locally is something that takes incredible effort and is something I have struggled with since my move.



During my time in California, I went back and forth. On the one side I wanted this sunshine, the ability to hang out with my family whenever I wanted, to drive down the street and meet up with friends I've known so long. There's a warm comfort in it that I really love. I'm a creature of habit, so little things like that are a highlight in my days.

 

 
But on the otherside, I am above all, a hopeless romantic. Being a hopeless romantic is what got me in Seattle in the first place. It sounds so silly, but I had a strong feeling to chase the possibility of love. Now I know what you're thinking, Michelle you're so young. You should be chasing dreams, not chasing boys! And of course you're right! Boys weren't even a priority for me. I had some really bad relationships that was enough to stop me from dating indefinitely. But at the point when I decided to move, I was still a new grad, looking for a job, and looking for something new. So the job, Seattle, the boyfriend, they were knocks on my door of something new, so I ran with it. And whether I'm in Washington or California, I'm still chasing my dreams.



I write this for anyone who's ever had an impulse to start fresh, but has lacked the courage to do so. It's hard, and you really get out what you put into it. You have to push yourself like crazy and step out of your comfort zone. But if you never try, you'll never know what your life could have been like.

After a relaxing time with my family, I'm starting to come to terms with the idea that California is no longer my home, not right now anyway. But the good thing about California and my family? They will always be there no matter what.
 


Now, I'm back in Seattle. The New Year and the idea of a clean state feels good. Cheers to 2015!

6 comments:

  1. What a great post! So positive and inspiring! I agree in following your intuition, too. Maybe this relationship will work out, or maybe it won't, but either way the choices you've made will undoubtedly lead you down some amazing paths! Good luck and happy 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caryn! Hope 2015 is amazing for you as well!

      Delete
  2. Seize the moments as they come! It isn't easy. I did the same thing after graduating but went all the way to Germany for some boy (now hubs ;) ). One doubts sometimes...gets lonely. But you're doing it - reaching for those stars. That's the only way to catch one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now I'm dying to hear about you and your hubs international world wind romance!

      Delete
  3. Awe! I'm so glad you had such a great time with your family and friends!
    We must certainly never forget our dreams for boys, but we can certainly have both! ;)

    ReplyDelete