Monday, June 30, 2014

The Ending

The ending is the hardest part to write for M2. I just can't get it down. I've changed it on every single draft, so you can better believe it's rough. Going through what I wrote for my third draft was overwhelming; I just didn't know where to start. How could it be fixed? What should I keep?

Not sure how to tackle it, I closed my eyes and just imagined it. And instead of working in the draft and making changes, I decided to just put pen to paper and wrote it out in a summary style.

Then I felt it, that little click within you that lets you know it fits. This is the ending that the book wants and I just finally figured it out. I have major rewriting to do, but I know it won't need major changes after I get it down. The story's complete and it's finally come full circle. All I need is to execute it.


It's funny. This whole weekend I worried about it. I went running to help clear my mind and get inspiration but came back with nothing. Sunday I was in a funk and just didn't know what to do and over wine told one of my writer friends about my finicky ending. Little did I know it was just waiting to come me.

Better late than never I guess!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome!
    I struggle so much with endings. I literally wrote my very first actually good ending last year. Congratulations on the breakthrough! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every paper I ever wrote in college was a struggle --- gah the ending! Somehow, someway, just when you walk away from it all, it comes to you. The books destiny.... is just waiting to be told by you. :-) Congratulations on the success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all your support Cristine. Means so much to me :D

      Delete
  3. YAS!! Congrats! My ending of my WIP was the only thing I knew about it all. I'm so glad you finally came to yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you're so lucky. Ending things are always the hard part for me!

      Delete
  4. That must feel so good. When I wrote (pen to paper) the outline ending to my story, I was like, "Yup. Finally, a good ending."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Isn't it crazy how pen to paper can inspire you in a way that typing on the computer can not?

      Delete