Monday, June 23, 2014

Winter to Summer Writing Progress


This was me writing and taking a shameless selfie during the Winter. I had just finished the first draft of M2 and was working on the second. I didn't let anyone read a single page.


This was me this weekend. It's summer. Draft three is done. It is finally being read and critiqued.


And now, I am one third done with my fourth draft revisions. Draft Four. Can you believe it? I've taken many breaks and felt like giving up in these past eight months, so I've written this post to remind myself of this great feat I am undertaking and to encourage myself to keep going.

I've heard some writers say that you have to learn to love the process of writing to be a writer, and I'm trying to do just that. It's not about the end game. It's about the words, the characters, and their story.

2 comments:

  1. omg yay!! I'm trudging along. Incredibly tired, and sometimes I'm like, "Where am I going with this?" Then I fall asleep hahah. But I'm there with you about learning to love the process :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I definitely know how you feel. If it wasn't for my writing partner, I'd probably still be in a rut. She's so motivating and excited about writing though, so it just makes me excited about it all over again!

      Delete