Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Whistler Weekend & Birthdays

For the past week I've been sick with a very viscious cold right before my Whistler weekend. I was majorly bummed and still am since I'm still constantly coughing and sneezing. Nonetheless I toughed it up and off to Whistler I went. I was really out of though, so sadly, I don't have too many pictures to post, so I stole a few from Cristine ;)

Photo Cred: Cristine

Can you see me?

Before hitting the slopes! Photo Cred: Cristine


While at Whistler, I tried snowboarding for the first time by taking a 5-hour lesson. It was extremely fatiguing since my body was drained from recovering, but a lot of fun at the same time. I fell a lot as expected. Hopefully it'll turn out to be a new hobby next season, that way winter won't be as much as a bummer!

Later that night we went out for drinks in the village before dinner. Somehow Michael got this weird/creepy photo of me:


 After dinner and more drinks we met up with Michael's friends. By the time we got back it was the next day and Cristine's Birthday! Unfortunately I really dropped the ball on the whole photo thing :(

The next day Michael, Cristine, Tim, and I had a quick brunch before heading back home. The trip was a quick one, but very memorable.

The past few days I haven't done much. Just the standard resting and binge watching that accompanies a cold. Yesterday Michael and I ended up going out to dinner since we were out of groceries. Below is a photo of my last dessert at the age of 22:

Ginger Cheesecake at Tallulah's

And today, I'm 23. It's funny how you don't really feel any different. Nonetheless, 22 was a great year. I fell in love, got a job, I moved, wrote a manuscript, and did some traveling with Michael. It was also a difficult year though being away from my family, putting down my dog, and living in a new place. I am extremely lucky that my family have been supportive and understanding, and that the Armfield's have been extremely welcoming.

I'm not sure what to expect of being 23, except that I find the number 23 very awkward. I can only hope that it's another great year filled with happiness, health, love, and new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment