Thursday, March 27, 2014

23 Birthday Wishes

Hazelnute Cake with a Chocolate Ganache and an Orange Cookie

 Another Birthday for the books! Thank you to everyone who sent me Birthday Wishes via text, social media, phone calls, cards/gifts in the mail, and most of all by simply thinking of me. It's so comforting to know that although I'm away from my California home, I am not far from your hearts.



My first Birthday in Seattle was definitely one to remember. My co-worker and friend was sweet enough to take me out to lunch and after work Michael took me to my favorite spot in town, Bottlehouse. We drank great wine and ate great food which always makes for a good time.

Best board I've had so far! Wild Boar, Cheese with Truffle, and Wine Soaked Irish Cheese

Recommended flight by our server. It was absolutely perfect.
 
The staff was amazing and knowledgeable as always with great recommendations for us to try. They were kind enough to put a candle in my dessert so I could make a wish and complimentary glasses of sparkling wine to celebrate.
 

Afterwards, I had this unexplicable craving for mac n' cheese (weird I know), so Michael and I got some on our way home and relaxed for the rest of the evening, and sometime around 9:37 p.m., I fell asleep (I guess I am getting older if I can't stay up past ten!).

Cheers to another year and hopefully another Birthday Wish come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment