Monday, November 4, 2013

This 'blogging' thing...


The way to write a book is to actually write a book. A pen is useful, typing is also good. Keep putting words on the page. Anne Enright

***

I’ve always struggled with my blog. I mean I want to be a blogger, but I have a problem with this thing called ‘consistency’. So, I have written this post as a promise that

 1) I will be consistent at posting, and that

2) my blog will finally have some sort of direction

Because if you’ve ever read my blog before, I’m kind of all over the place – snippet here, snippet there, and some abstraction everywhere. And to be honest it’s because I really don’t have any idea what I’m doing. In fact, I never really do. But I’m going to try.

Trying is the key word here my friend, because that’s really the point of my blog. Instead of wanting, or hoping, I’m going to have to start by trying because that’s the only way anything ever gets done. I’m going to try to be a blogger, I’m going to try to enjoy life, I’m going to try and be a better person, and I’m going to try to be a writer. And if I keep trying, then I will be a blogger, I will enjoy life, I will be a better person, and I will be a writer. Of course failures are to be expected so I’ll just do better next time (or fail better as Beckett says).

P.S. I’m also trying to write a book, hence the Enright quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment