Tuesday, December 16, 2014

"Recoverable"

I was a december evening,
dark and cold
with my sunlight fading.

with a haunted heart
i crawled into my mind
& built up a world,
where i could shine

and i felt oh, so, untouchable
and no one could take it away;
and i felt all so knowable
spread my wings and fly away.

With an april morning
damp but warm
with the dew drops sparkling
a moment reborn.

i was changing
my mind rearranging,
all the good & the bad
either way
nothing ever lasts

but i felt oh, so, unbreakable
though it all seemed like child's play;
still i felt oh, so, capable
to wake up and get on my way.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love this! You're so good at poetry. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krystal! I'm really trying to get back into it! I've noticed it helps my prose if I practice my poetry :)

      Delete