Monday, February 20, 2012

"Exist"


Forever I will be broken.
Never to be fixed.
The words I love you were spoken,
just a bit too quick. 

You see, it’s been a while
since I’ve heard those three words,
and I can feel myself shy away.
The truth is
I’m afraid of getting hurt,
even though I pretend to be okay.
Time and experience,
has changed me,
and I wonder if love exists.
then you came along,
and afraid of how I feel,
I begin to resist.

Because I’ve built up these walls,
to protect me from it all.
and If I tear them down,
surely I would fall. 
Back into a lapse of time,
when everything was pitch black.
and so a promise I made to myself,
was to never go back

However, I am too selfish
and I want you by my side.
Although I don’t want you to think,
that I’m just here along for the ride.
For my feelings are sincere,
with only good intentions.
My heart is beating loud,
And for you it beckons.

So I don’t want to let you go,
because you will surely be missed.
I just want you to take my hand in yours,
and tell me that love can exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment