Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Week 3 or 4?

It's week 3 or 4 in the quarter system. I don't know whether to count the first week seeing as it was only two days.  The weeks don't really matter. All I can say is, I want out!

Yes, I'm learning interesting things, but my heart just isn't in it. It's everywhere else, but in school. My mind keeps wandering and my heart beats for something else. I know I should be enjoying the moment, but I feel like I'm going insane.

Twelve more novels to read, seven more papers to write... quizzes, midterms, and other assignments and readings from PDF's, anthologies, and textbooks.

All this in roughly seven weeks.

I've never had such a hard time focusing as I do now. Is it because I finally see beyond the bubble I'm in? It is because I've lost myself in a fictional world, prompting me to write and breathe life into things that yearn to exist?

I don't know... but I'm counting the days until I can fully immerse myself into the life that I'm longing for.

School just isn't for me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment