Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pumpkin Muffin Cookies

I made this last week as a pick-me-up for myself after sooo much reading, and I have to say, it was perfect for this time of year! Although, I'll admit as October ends, I couldn't be happier because I am pumpkined out!

I'll call these muffin cookies, because it tasted like it was a median between the two, which I think is a good thing, because who doesn't like cookies for breakfast?



Yields 32 cookies. ~42 cals per cookie

Ingredients:
1 C whole wheat flour
1C AP flour
1C brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice
1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
1C canned pumpkin

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, prepare baking sheet by using a non-stick spray. Cream sugar with wet ingredients. Use a separate bowl to mix dry ingredients, then add to wet mixture. Mix until dough is formed. Place on baking sheet in ping-pong sized balls. Bake 15-18 minutes. Let cool, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment