Monday, September 8, 2014

Two-year Meet-aversary!

What a weekend! Michael and I got back yesterday night from a great weekend in Hood River, Oregon for a friend's wedding. You bet I'll post more about that later. This post however is a recap of Michael and I's meet-aversary!


As most of you know, Michael and I met in Paris on September 3, 2012. So every time September 3rd comes around we like to celebrate our chance meeting by going to a French restaurant. Last year we went to Le Pichet, but this year we went to Cafe Campagne right near Pike Place Market.

If you haven't been, I recommend it. It was my first time there and I was impressed. It made me so nostalgic of Paris.




 We started with a bottle of wine, escargot, and a salad (not pictured).


For the main I had mussels and fries. Fries were amazing because they were double fried just like I had them in Paris! They were also great to dip into the broth.



 Michael had the duck confit which turned out excellent as well.


To end the meal we had creme brulee.


Another great date night to be remembered for sure :)

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to a French restaurant! Likewise, I've never heard of double fried fries. That's so cool that you guys met in Paris and celebrate it every year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must go! NOW! So freakin' yummy. Double fried fries are the best. You have not lived until you've had a taste;]

      Delete