Sunday, January 20, 2013

Black Bean Brownies!






I got this recipe from this food blogger here. Although, I'll also copy and paste below. In my version, I omitted the chocolate and peanut butter chips, just to see how the brownie really tasted. Next time however, I'll make sure to add mint chocolate chips! One thing to note is to rinse your black beans to take away that beany taste. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it and I'm sure I'll use it as a pre or post workout snack! Also, I used muffin tins instead of a brownie pan because I knew I would be too lazy to cut them (though I forgot to put cooking spray, so it was a bit stubborn--learn from my mistake!) and I wanted to individually wrap them so I could bring them to school or the gym.

Note that their are other BBB recipes. This was just the simplest one I could find.

Low Calorie Black Bean Brownies Recipe

Ingredients

  • 1 15.5 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 3/4 cup egg beaters egg whites OR 6 egg whites
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 3 tbs. unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 tsp. instant coffee granules
  • 3/4 cup splenda for baking (or regular granulated sugar)
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter chips

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Dump black beans, applesauce, cocoa powder, egg whites, vanilla extract, splenda and coffee granules into the blender and blend until smooth.
  3. When blended to your satisfaction, stir in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips
  4. Then pour into a baking dish.
  5. Put the brownies in the oven for a half hour and bake until the edges pull away from the sides and a knife inserted comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment