Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week 4 Meal Prep

Meal prepping takes forever!!! But I know it'll be worth it during my busy week.

On Facebook I follow personal trainer, Chris Powell. His status today mentioned that people usually bail out of their New Year's resolutions by January 17th. I'm happy to say that I am still going strong, and I hope you are too. Here's a motivating photo I found on tumblr to celebrate!


So true, right?


This morning I woke up and wanted banana-egg pancakes. I like to get creative with them, sometimes adding blueberries, raisins, or PB2 peanut butter (I love PB2!). However, my mother was cleaning the stove, so I came up with a brilliant idea to make waffles instead, using our waffle maker. It didn't turn out so brilliant after all... Sad face.

Nonetheless, I still ate it though it came out looking nothing like a waffle. My workout this morning was great, another body-pump day with a little bit of cardio to warm me up. After the gym, I went to buy groceries for the week (not a good idea, since I was starving). Once I came home, I prepped everything I needed for the week. Snacks: bananas, apples, grapes, celery (to eat with PB2), Chia seeds with vitamin water, black bean brownies, and pistachios (my favorite nut).






Then I made cauliflower fried rice and yellow-green salads for a side/lunch/dinner.

For dinner tonight, I'm going to make a healthy spin-off of spaghetti and meatballs using spaghetti squash and vegan meatballs.

This has been a very productive day.

-Miss M

*Recipes on the previous post

No comments:

Post a Comment