Monday, February 20, 2012

"Gone"



 I left you in the middle of the night
With tears running down my face
It would be our last night together,
but memories of you I wish never to replace.
The time we danced, and the time we kissed.
You knew from the beginning that I couldn’t resist.
And yet I walked away as you let me go.
and for my efforts I have nothing to show.
I know your decisions are never that easy.
And nothing you could do now would ever please me.
Because as distance begins to grow,
Feelings with time will eventually fade.
The past begins to feel like a dream,
Our future broken before it is ever made.
You’ll move on as I torment myself
with a million unending questions.
Even with all the love I have lost,
I have still yet to learn the life’s lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment