Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Staple and Fancy Sunday

At Kerry Park to see the skyline. Kind of horrible and windy photo, but it's the only one we have together.
On Sunday we took it very easy. I made breakfast for my sisters (gluten-free pancakes with agave, eggs, and sliced oranges) and then we all kind of just started reading in the living room.

Once the afternoon hit, we got ready and headed to Kerry Park in Queen Anne to the see skyline. Afterwards, I took my sisters to see the Ballard neighborhood. We had some wine and snacks at Portalis before heading to Staple and Fancy for our reservation.

Mac n' Cheese at Portalis
Veal pot pie at Portalis
Staple and Fancy was one of the first restaurants that Michael took me to. Ever since I've met him, we've gone three times, but this fourth time around was with my sisters, but all thanks to Michael of course, who paid for our meal even though he wasn't able to be there with us.

The cool thing at Staple and Fancy is that you have a choice of not ordering and simply letting the kitchen take care of you. We opted for that choice, so every dish that came to our table was a fun surprise (so forgive me, I don't know what they all are). The dinner was split into four courses: appetizers, pasta dish, the main, and then dessert.

Appetizers:

That's mackeral on top
Soup, though I forgot what kind it was :/ It was very delicious though!
Mozzarella 
White fish with blood orange and olives
Dungeness Crab fritter with aioli
Caesar Salad
Some type of delicious meat with pomegranates and a wine reduction
Pasta Dish:

Spicy potato gnocchi with clams
Main:

An amazingly delicate trout fish with cucumber and radish salad on top
Not sure what the meat was, but it tasted super tender and savory with the onion puree, roasted potatoes and carrots.
Dessert:

Cheesecake with huckleberries 
Coconut cake topped with gelato.
It was a great way to spend our relaxing Sunday. My two sisters have already been to Seattle before, so since there wasn't much sight seeing left to do. The trip was more of an exploration of food in Seattle. Or at least, my favorite places to eat and drink :)

No comments:

Post a Comment