Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Back to Sac (Part 1: The Drive)

My hiatus from my blog and Seattle is now over!

For a week and a half I went back home to Sacramento for Thanksgiving break to see my family. Words cannot express how excited I was to see them nor can they express how much I miss them now that I am back in Washington. I am so blessed to have them in my life and every day away from them is hard. We're a tight knit family, and it'll always stay that way.

One thing about me? I really hate long car rides. I just don't have the patience for it. I get antsy. I get sick. And I definitely get bored. But Michael and I buckled down and drove all the way to Sacramento. We started bright and early, and it was cold and below freezing.


But after only three hours in, we stopped in Portland for Breakfast.


Using Yelp, we found Mother's Bistro & Bar.


Then we got back on  the road only stopping for gas and bathroom breaks.


Unfortunately for Michael, he had to drive the whole way since I didn't know how to drive stick.


Long car rides are funny. Well actually not funny, because it drove me crazy (as you can see). The majority of the ride was flat and monotonous and music and audiobooks can only do so much.




But it was all worth it to be in the arms and company of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment