Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My top 13 moments of 2013

Since it's the last day of the year, I wanted to recap on my top 13 moments this year (in no particular order)!

1. Getting my poetry published - It's always a good feeling to have my writing out there, especially in poetry, since my skills in that genre grew tremendously in one year.

2. San Diego Bachelorette - My first time in SD, celebrating with my soon-to-be-bride sister!

3. Finishing college and receiving my degree - A proud accomplishment of course. It's strange to think that college is already over!

4. My first trip to Seattle - It was the first time Michael and I had seen each other this year, after only meeting once in Paris the year before, and now my life has completely changed.

5. Meeting Michael's family - It was a memorable moment and I am glad I get to share in their special days and holidays with them.

6. My sister's wedding - Another sister married, a fun night, and a memorable one for my whole family.

7. Getting a job - My first full-time job, yay!

8. Date Nights - Though it spanned many nights, I had to clump this one together. The best date nights I've ever had: Parachute Concert, Book Bindery, Staples and Fancy, Bottlehouse, The Walrus and the Carpenter, Nishino's, days layingin the park, walking around the city, tv marathons, etc... I could go on and on...

9. Thanksgiving - Spending a week with my family. Priceless. Michael and I's first roadtrip.

10. My Mother's Birthday - Going back home for my mother's birthday and having a whole day of just being with my sisters and my mom is now a rarity. I'll always remember her smile that day.

11. Christmas with the Armfield's - Great company, great wine, great food, and a great Christmas witht the Seattle fam.

12. Spinasse and Beethoven's Ninth - It was such a new and cool experience and the most recent in my memory, that I had to put this down. The music, the food, and a night out on the town with Michael was perfect.

13. New apartment - Because things are starting to feel like home.

Well there it is! What are your top 13 moments?

Wishing you a wonderful new year,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment