Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Back to Sac (Part 4: Onto SF)

Since we were in California for the week, Michael wanted to spend a day in SF. Surprisingly, being a California native, I had yet to see the Golden Gate Bridge. So the day after Thanksgiving we went. It was our first city getaway and we were welcomed with great weather.



After the Golden Gate Bridge and checking into our hotel, we grabbed lunch at Samovar Tea Lounge, one of Michael's favorite places. After enjoying the meal and tea, I could understand why he like it so much. Everything that touched my lips was phenomenal that we ended up going there the next day for breakfast too.



For the remainder of the day, we strolled the city, trying to avoid black Friday shoppers as we went. Later on we grabbed some wine at ENO, then had sushi for dinner. Let me just say now that I HAD THE BEST SUSHI EVER at ICHI Sushi. The creative fusion of ingredients on top of the impeccable fish and rice seriously made my pannies drop (not really, but you get what I'm saying right?)

Golden Eye Snapper on the bottom right was my fave!
After the amazing sushi and later into the night we met up with some Seattle friends who were also in SF for a drink. All in all, it was a great day.

The next day we went back to Sac and enjoyed what little time we had left with my family. Then we made the long trek back home with a sedated Blaire (my cat).

To note, I did finish my NaNoWriMo project, but never uploaded it to the site. During that week, I made the difficult decision to euthanize my beloved dog, Kiwi. He was nine. One day I'll write a post about him, but right now I just can't. There's nothing I could say right now that would help ease the loss. I can only hope that he's happy now and forgives me, wherever he is...

A last photo of us playing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment